Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft Flight Simulator will not start

I have been using Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 for about eight years now, with no problems. Today I clicked on the desktop icon as usual and for some reason it said that I "must be logged in as Administrator", I am, and always have been logged in as admin. I right clicked on the icon and selected " Run as administrator". Now when I click on the FS icon the User Account Control window appears asking if I want to allow changes............ I click on yes and nothing happens. FS will not start. I then completely removed FS2004 and all associated files and reinstalled FS2004. I now see that the FS desktop shortcut icon has a Windows shield embedded in it which I assume has something to do with a compatibility issue. When I click on the FS 2004 icon now all I get is the User Account Control window pop-up asking if I want to allow changes........I click yes and nothing happens. I have run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter several times tying all of the choices with no success. FS will not start. I also have Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX installed on this computer and it still opens and runs just fine, and I have no other computer issues. I have disabled UAC now and restarted the computer again I now do not get the UAC pop-up window when I click on the short cut but the program still will not start. I am running Windows 8.1 IE 11 What the heck? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Problem solved. Turns out that the issue is caused by a Windows Update that enables SafeDisc. I got around it by installing a No-CD patch for Flight Simulator 2004.