Star Lounger
    Thanks

Folder permissions - old mailbox listed

A year or 2 ago my organization changed our mailboxes based on name. For example, from jfrasier@ to Jane.Frasier@. I was changing folder permissions and when I choose that person in Permission Entry, change I see the new address. However now in the result of the Permission Entry I see the old one. Does it matter?

If so, why would that old mailbox name be popping up? See attachment.

Thanks.

Jane
    Attached Files Attached Files

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know the answer, but would recommend that you clear out the Properties of a Word document before posting it to the Internet.
    I would have PM'd you but you've disabled that

Thanks
    If you're just finding reason to be concerned a year or 2 after the change has been implemented, I'd say you're ok. But here's how you can test it:

Send yourself an email from your personal email address to your company address. Then send one the opposite way. Don't reply, rather manually type the address in.

Then ask a coworker to send you two emails from her company email address to yours: (1) where she selects your name from the online email address book, and (2) where she manually types in your address. Then you send the same two emails to her.

Finally, with all received emails, "reply" to the sender to make sure that they all get to the correct destination.

If all of the above is completely successful, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

But if you have further questions, then I would suggest that you ask your organization's IT staff.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I sent an email from my company email to mbay@jeffcolibrary.org which is the one that keeps popping up in folder permissions. It bounced saying there was no such mailbox.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrasier View Post
    I sent an email from my company email to mbay@jeffcolibrary.org which is the one that keeps popping up in folder permissions. It bounced saying there was no such mailbox.
    When they changed the email addresses to the new format, the old ones likely ceased to exist -- "no such mailbox". That's why mbay@jeffcolibrary.org no longer works.

The fact that it still appears in folder permissions is probably because someone didn't do an absolutely complete job when they changed the email address format.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Is this a domain based system? Which version of Windows server?

What email server software are you using? If Exchange, which version?

Joe