Banned Member
    Thanks

Exclamation New CCleaner 24/9/15 Ver 5.10

CCicon.gif

September 2015
    CCleaner v5.10 is ready to optimize your PC now!
    Our best version yet will make your computer cleaner, faster and will protect your privacy.

In this release we've focused heavily on browser improvements so no matter whether you're a Firefox, Chrome or Edge user, by downloading our newest version you'll benefit from improved cookie management and cleaning. We've also optimized internal architecture so CCleaner will launch quicker than ever.

With over 1 billion downloads, CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning and speeding up your PC.

Download now

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drew1903 For This Useful Post:

eikelein (2015-10-04),KIWIpeteW (2015-10-03)

Thanks
    And yet it still wont clean Edge!

Banned Member
    Thanks
    BTW, although most people likely know this, already... Just a wee reminder to UNcheck the Jumplist item in CCleaner.

Thanks
    Thanks Drew, I didn't know this. Having run Ccleaner (a while ago) and lost lots of useful (to me) info, is there anywhere which shows the best way to use it with recommended settings. There's just so many that I can't really be bothered to wade through them all, and so never run it.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    You're welcome.

Except for unchecking the Jumplist item... leave it, CCleaner, @ its default settings. Just hit Run Cleaner, the Cleaner function, only. Leave other parts or functions alone. And the dialogue box (question) that comes up, Check "Don't ask, again" & hit OK.

CCleaner does have the ability, if requested, to eliminate the windows.old folder.

Should be kept w/ its versions up to date & run daily, unless it's monitoring then, when it notifies is acceptable.
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-09-30 at 05:52.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To Drew 1903. I just started using CCCleaner Free about 3 weeks ago. Is the new Ver 5.10 just for the paid cleaner?? I also am having two problems with it I don't understand. I have 8.1 Desktop. The Disk Analyzer I run it and I go through it and I look at where some of the files came from and alot are just a whole page of pics of flowers, people, on and on and many of them and have no idea why they would be so many I didn't look at them anywhere. Here's the problem. I comes with files that have short names like say home.png or logo.png but the longer file names with alot of letters and numbers will delete but these short named ones I get a pop up saying Access Denied? I have an Administrator Access and if I go to where the file is on my PC I can delete it there???? What happens is there are alot of these type files giving the Access Denied popup but u have to figure out which ones which would take forever. I wrote Piriform and I guess they don't give support unless u buy something. I copied all the relevant instuctions from there site. Also, in the Duplicate Files when I analyze and get what the Duplicates are there are many files the same but have different paths and are in different folders or sub folders. I have no idea what to do then. If they are in different areas how do I know if they aren't supposed to be there? If they were in the same folder or sub folder then I would call them a Duplicate??? AM I making sense. I have also put in about 15 folders and sub folders paths for my pictures .jpg files and it still brings them up????
    Pat

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Pat,

This may seem shorter than expected.

CCleaner is offered as both free & paid types; either are based on the same version #. The download page I gave shows all but, the Free one is recommended.

>> Uncheck the Jumplist item. Other than that leave it w/ its default settings.

By default it is set on Cleaner & one hits Run Cleaner (& check Don't show again & OK in the query that appears the 1st time). Just use CCleaner for this. Leave the rest of it be.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    yea Drew. Thanks for that info. I just found that out. I was hoping u had an answer to my long question. I really don't understand how they make any money giving so much with the free version. I don't see any advantage to paying for the two other versions what do u get ??? I have the other stuff with my Bitdefender Tools or even Windows tools lol.I don't know what is going on with this pop up of Access Denied. So, I just uninstalled my Cleaner and had the newest version and re-installed and hope maybe it won't happen. Have yet to try. I know I lost some settings but no big deal if I can get rid of this Access Denied pop up in The Disk Analyzer. I have 546 MB it says I can clean which is a ton and with these certain files or whatever they are called that bring this Access Denied pop up up I am helpless. Theres no way u can go thru all those files to save or delete manually. Make sense??
    Pat

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    @drdoo2:
    If you are set on using Ccleaner and get many Access Denied than there is the old advice to run Ccleaner in safe mode. Why? Because then all your background programs won't run.

Besides this I don't understand what's going on on your guys machines. I use Ccleaner portable for many, many years and have NEVER seen any Access Denied messages. What gives?

And how Piriform makes money? For my part I always "donate" to the maker of good free software that I use regularly. Maybe I am a Don Quixote doing this but I want Piriform to stick around.
    Eike J Heinze
    What I am about
    SE Wisconsin

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    eikelein. Thanks for ur reply. I did give a donation. I have no idea what CCCleaner Portable is never saw anything about that. I did some research on google on Access Denied. Already went thru the Administrator thing a couple of days ago. I only check Pictures, Email and I think it is Documents. Emails delete entirely no problem all from windows live mail which I don't even use. I believe .jpg files delete but it is some of the .png and .pdf files that are the trouble. It seems they are from an App/Data blah blah file and have short names to them like I mentioned. The files with numbers and letters delete fine. AM still investigating.
    Pat

Banned Member
    Thanks
    I do agree w/ this part, having used CCleaner FREE for many, many, years myself, also & all my clients...

Besides this I don't understand what's going on on your guys machines. I use Ccleaner portable for many, many years and have NEVER seen any Access Denied messages. What gives?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks for all the help guys. Ur guesses would have been appreciated. I am not a dumb ass imagining this. I have checked re-checked, read, looked etc. etc for days before I wrote.