New Lounger
    Thanks

keyboard weird activity

With no apparent reason (No new software, no new apps, no change) my keyboard suddenly required me to hold down a key for 1 second+ for it to activate. Typing in the password was normal but then the keyboard changed. Had wireless mouse and kb. took out the wireless tab and replaced with original kb and mouse. Mouse is normal. all programs including internet are normal.
    made a new user and under this user kb is normal. under original (Admin rights) not normal.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    add: I thought 'drivers'. Drivers are normal working correctly. installed Win 10 to see if it changed. did not change

Thanks
    Welcome to the Windows Secrets Lounge!

As I understand it, the only problem is when you are using the wireless keyboard and mouse, and logged into the "original" (admin rights) account.

Evidently the profile for your "original" account got somehow corrupted. And although Windows tells you that the drivers are working correctly, it still could be a driver problem.

Here are the steps I would take to try to fix this, listed in the order I would try them:
    1) I would uninstall the wireless keyboard and mouse drivers, and then let them reinstall (or manually reinstall them, if they didn't do so automatically).
    2) I would go back to a Windows restore point before the problem started.

If neither one of these steps fixes the problem, then the easy fix would be to start using the new user account that you created. (You could give it Admin rights if you are so inclined, but it is not recommended that you have admin rights in your normal, everyday user account.)

Or, you could use the wired mouse and keyboard. (Wireless mice and keyboards sometimes have issues which don't exist with wired, such as the battery running out, or having to relearn the connection, and so you would avoid these potential issues by switching to wired.)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I uninstalled the wireless kb and removed the wireless dongle and use the original wired kb and mouse. no change.
    I tried to so a system restore, but it failed. 'missing some files' as I recall. I could not do any restore point.

Thanks
    Are you saying that the wired keyboard and mouse now do not work?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    no, it I the same as the wireless. hold the key down for 1 second,
    all kb are good in second user
    I guess the first user is toast

Thanks
    I would be more worried about the 'missing some files' thing
    Try chkdsk /f then sfc /scannow at admin command prompt.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.