5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Secrets celebrates Issue 500

INTRODUCTION

Windows Secrets celebrates Issue 500

By Tracey Capen

Founded by well-known tech writers Brian Livingston and Woody Leonhard, Windows Secrets was born in 2004 with the tagline: "Everything Microsoft forgot to mention." For over a decade, through changes in technology, upheavals at Microsoft, and the rise of the "Internet of Things," we've kept that thought as our guiding principle.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/introduction/windows-secrets-celebrates-issue-500/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Congratulations on the 500th issue! I am only a recent subscriber of just a little over two years now.

I still remember being stunned at running across an article on Win7's Reliability Monitor. I could not believe I had never heard of it before two years ago seeing how long Win7 had been out. While it is not unique data its presentation of error events with other events on a timeline makes it a really useful tool in diagnosing events or at least rapidly narrowing down suspects.

I forked over the $20 right on the spot. Renewed twice and in that time I have read two more articles that greatly surprised me. Combined with many other quality articles it makes the $20 annual subscription easily worth it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fascist Nation For This Useful Post:

Kathleen Atkins (2015-10-01)

Thanks
    I go back to the Langa List. When LL merged with Windows Secrets, I was not disappointed at the new result.

Tell me: Did you get the idea of readers donating whatever they want from the Langa List?

Thanks
    Jim

Do you remember when the merge took place?
    I was wondering why so many of us have Dec 09 as a join date' I am thinking the merge was before that...

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    No, I don't remember.