New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 Boots but does not Work

I upgraded an old Toshiba laptop from Win 7 Home (64 bit) to Windows 10. I had to reboot several times and try different passwords before Win 10 finally accepted a password and finished the installation. It worked beautifully. I changed the desktop background and rebooted thats when the problems began. It tried to relocate a desktop icon and it just snapped back to its original location. When I press the START MENU button the sub-menus appear but nothing happens when I press on any button even SETTINGS. I go open some programs and the browsers (Edge, Chrome, Opera) but they do not work properly some actions don't work. MALWAREBYTES works perfectly. When I do ALT-CNTRL-DELETE the correct menu shows but no button works including TASK MANAGER, after a few minutes it will return to the Win 10 desktop.

HELP

Thanks
    I wouldn't waste my time. Just wipe it, and reinstall.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Assuming you have a good backup then a re-install from scratch may be the easiest option.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your ideas, I don't have a backup and upgraded from the internet. I do I reinstall?

Thanks
    Perform a recovery install first;
    Settings-update & security-recovery-reset this PC.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.