New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 pop-up tells me that my computer isn't running genuine Windows

I've got an annoying pop-up... it keeps reappearing. I realise that I've picked it up somewhere (goodness knows where) but I'm sure it's blocking my chances of upgrading to Windows 10, amongst other things.

Has anyone idea of how to remove it permanently, please? I've tried following instructions found on Youtube... but I've not succeeded. Some instructions seem to be dodgy so I don't wish to follow them. Microsoft popup screen grab.jpg Thank you in advance!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    When did the pop-up appear? Did you change anything just before it appeared?

Have you clicked on the "Resolve online" button and followed the instructions?

Calling the MS licensing number is the best option if your software is genuine. See this Microsoft page: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/w...lp/genuine/faq

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If the Resolve online doesn't work for you then you can try these cmds from a command prompt run as an administrator -

These rebuild the Licensing Store in Win 7.

net stop sppsvc
    (wait until the service has stopped before entering the following lines)

CD %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Ro aming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform

REN tokens.dat tokens.bar

net start sppsvc

slui.exe

After a couple of seconds the Windows Activation dialog will appear.

You may be asked to re-activate and/or re-enter your product key, or Activation may occur automatically.

If you are asked for your Key, use the one on the COA sticker on the machine's case

Reboot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

mrjimphelps (2015-10-01)