New Lounger
    Thanks

Designing Appointment forms in outlook 2000 (Outlook 2000)

I am trying to no avail to design an reservation form for booking of conference room. Essentially my form is very simple one with just the following field:

Reservation for: "contacts" in outlook

Start Date: using DTPicker for users to choose the date of reservation
    Start Time: "date/time option" but customised to show time only

End Date: using DTPicker for users to choose the date of reservation
    End Time: "date/time option" but customised to show time only.

The problem / bug that I am facing is this. Even though I choose the date of reservation to be 1/5/2002, when I saved the form, it appears on the calendar as an appointment on today's date, ie 1/2/2002. Upon opening the appointment form though, it still indicates 1/5/2002. Do you know what I must do to correct those errors?

Any help / assistance is greatly appreciated.

Amos

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Designing Appointment forms in outlook 2000 (Outlook 2000)

Are you using the Start and End fields to store the values in your date/time controls? These are the fields Outlook uses to determine where to display the item, and they default the way you're describing the behavior.

Also, the type of form (appointment vs meeting request) may affect your process. Doesn't have any bearing on your question but I thought I'd toss it out. Just in case...

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I essentially have four different field to work with, Start Date, Start Time, End Date, End Time.

For start date, I created a user defined field that is associated with Date/Time with format MM/dd/yyyy.
    For start time, I linked it to the field, Start Date/Time with format HH:mm

For End date, I created another user defined field that is associated with Date/Time (called end) with format MM/dd/yyyy AND
    for end time, I linked it to the field, End Date/Time with format HH:mm

The only problem is that the start & end date field does not "talked" with the calenday when it is being saved. I have made invisible the "Appointment" tab of the appointment and it seemed to have taken over control in terms of dates.

Does this make any sense at all?

Help.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not sure I completely understand, probably because of too much partying over the holidays. If I'm missing something, ignore the comment below.

If you created 4 new fields - rather than using the existing Start and End fields - then that is your problem. Outlook will only use the existing Start and End fields to display the items. Your options are 1) to use code to update the Start and End fields with the values put in your new fields; 2) to get rid of your user defined fields and use the default ones.

I would avoid writing code (Option 1) except as a last resort. So perhaps all you need to do is to create 4 new controls and bind two each to the Start and End fields. Then you just format them to show the date or time as required.