New Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation Keys not working

my right shift and left arrow key stopped working a few days ago. I have never had this problem with my laptop before. What should I do/

Thanks

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    The keyboard may have developed a fault. You can test this by plugging in a USB keyboard.

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Sometimes giving the keyboard a blow out with a can of compressed air can work, but if it's an internal fault then it will probably require a new keyboard.

I've never used this program myself, but you can give it a try to see if it gives any info on the status of the keys.

This is a paid for program, but has a 30 day trial.

http://www.passmark.com/products/keytest.htm

Thanks
    Whenever I use a laptop, I prefer to use an external USB keyboard whenever possible, for two reasons:
    1) I generally prefer the layout of a full-size keyboard over the layout of the typical laptop keyboard.
    2) There's no wear-and-tear on the built-in keyboard when you use an external keyboard.

I had a laptop once which had some non-working keys, so I purchased a Belkin folding USB keyboard, which I could fold up and carry in my laptop case! It worked pretty well!

I have searched, but I can't find that same keyboard. However, here are some other folding keyboards.

I prefer a USB keyboard over a Bluetooth keyboard, because there's no battery to run down. However, a Bluetooth keyboard can also work for your tablet or iPhone.