Banned Member

To Have Windows Media Center in Windows 10

Here are 2 methods:

No guarantees, btw, just sharing as FYI. Do w/ it as you will or may.

(Have done this successfully on my Insiders Build. A colleague has done it successfully on their non-Insider Win10)

Here is how to install Media Center on Windows 10

It is suggested these codecs are needed (as well) but, I have not confirmed this, yet. This says win7 codecs but, on the site it includes 8.1 and 10. And the advanced codecs allow Windows Media Center to play DVDs.

This uses one's (previously) existing 8.1 w/ Media Center Key... seems a bit of a dicey approach.

How to add Windows Media Center to Windows 10
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-10-03 at 15:42.

Delaware City, Delaware
    The instructions for BOTH of these are absolutely incorrect, and it is obvious the author did not read the instructions supplied. First, he is using one of the original downloadable versions of Windows Media Center which is buggy. Even if you do use that, after you run _TestRights.cmd, you DO NOT REBOOT. That is not in the instructions. You only reboot if the _TestRights.cmd windows closes immediately after running it. THEN, and ONLY THEN do you reboot. If the _TestRights.cmd windows stays open, you simply close it, and run the installer as an administrator. Also, in the second article about entering your product key, you will notice that this article is from last year. Windows Media Center does not work like that any more, and hasn't for a long, long time. That being said, the current version of Windows Media Center is WindowsMediaCenter_6.3.9600.16384_x64_v7, and is available from the My Digital Life Forums. It works very well, but I would advise you to read the thread. As for codecs, I would advise installing the K-Lite Mega Pack.