Star Lounger
    Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Thanks

converting to fat32 on win98

i am trying to determine what type of fat i am currently using, the i want to convert to fat32 if it isn't already. i am running win 98 and the hard drive is a 4.2 gb partitioned into to drives at 2.1 gb each. i have tried running fat32 converter under tools under system utilities and when i get to the point where it is checking for any applications that might not work, it runs and runs and runs like the energizer bunny. can someone enlighten me as to what might be happening and how to get back on track?

thanks
    mike[img]/w3timages/icons/tonguea.gif[/img]

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: converting to fat32 on win98

Open Windows Explorer ans select your hard drive (one click) and then right click and select properties. You should get a pane like the attachment. You will see about mid screen what type of FAT you have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Star Lounger
    Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Thanks

Re: converting to fat32 on win98

okay, my C: drive is a type FAT and my D: drive is also. now i want to convert to fat32, but when i run the fat32 converter under tools and system tools it runs forever. Does it take a long time for this to complete? it is on the step where it is looking for applications that might conflict with FAT32 but that is as far as i have gotten. drive C: has 1.5gb used and 500 mb free and it ran for 2.5 hours with no responses of any type.

HELP!