Star Lounger
    Thanks

Western Digital External Hard Drive Partitions

Greetings -

I have a 64 bit WIN 7 Home Premium system. I have a 2 T-byte WD External hard drive that I split into two partitions, the smaller one (on the right) encrypted with Bit Locker using a different system that was running WIN 7 Pro. Recently I decided I needed to enlarge the smaller partition, so I shrunk the larger volume using WIN 7's disk management tool in anticipation of extending the space into the smaller partition. Apparently that only works if the unallocated space is to the right of the volume. In trying to revert to the original configuration, the extend volume selection is grayed out and won't let me return things to where they were. I'm confused as I know I've performed this operation many times before albeit never with an external drive. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Casey H.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Rather than using the Windows tools try Minitool Partition Wizard (free). That may fix your problem, but you may just have to admit defeat and start again.
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html

cheers, Paul

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Paul. I installed the program, which did a nice job of resizing the partitions. Mission accomplished.

Casey