Banned Member
    Thanks

Clarifying Thresholds

Regardless of how what I write is treated, I thought I would share this, anyway...

I spent Tuesday @ an IT Conference. Most of the day was devoted to Cloud issues & Windows 10. Thresholds are a series of Updates. Each covers a 3 month period, 4/year. Ergo, we are coming upon Th2. Components of Th2 will come as Updates not, as a "New Build (#)". It is not correct to refer to or think of Th2, for example, as anything like a Service Pack of the old days (pre-Win10). Some of what we are seeing in Insider Build 10547 should start to filter down to the GA as the Th2 Updates come.

Countries, now, w/ Cortana in the Insiders, will have Cortana in the GA by the end of 2015.

And Favorites & Favorites Bar issues in Edge should be better by end of the year, as well. And the Extensions & Add-ons part, too.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    It's a pity they rushed to market early. It isn't good PR.

cheers, Paul

Banned Member
    Thanks
    ??? Help tie this comment to the OP, please.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If it hadn't been rushed out, the Edge issues you mention wouldn't need bettering.

Did you see that only 12% of US Windows 10 users are using the default browser?
    Last edited by BruceR; 2015-10-10 at 12:24.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Thought you were talking about Win10. Nothing was released "early" or prematurely. Windows 10 is an on-going process. It was known from the onset that there would be further developments in Edge

As far as Edge specifically, its performance is excellent. One should not take a stat like that and try to say it means Edge is bad or people hate it and create prejudice. Windows 10 is brand new and believe it or not many don't know or realize Edge even exists (yet)

Thanks
    As far as Edge specifically, its performance is excellent.
    On my laptop, Edge is significantly slower than either Firefox or Chrome. On my faster desktop, I can't see much difference between them..

Jerry

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    Thought you were talking about Win10. Nothing was released "early" or prematurely. Windows 10 is an on-going process. It was known from the onset that there would be further developments in Edge
    Edge is a major part of Windows 10 and is very unfinished, as you pointed out.

On top of this, I get the distinct impression that Windows 10 is being rushed out the door, before it's fully baked.
    For one thing, the July 29th release date was picked before anyone could have had a feel for when the system might really be ready.
    Chances are the date was chosen so that Windows 10 machines could be available everywhere in time for the back to school season.

"hastily assembled"

Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    As far as Edge specifically, its performance is excellent. One should not take a stat like that and try to say it means Edge is bad or people hate it and create prejudice. Windows 10 is brand new and believe it or not many don't know or realize Edge even exists (yet)
    110 million people have/had Edge as their default browser. I didn't make any comment on why 88% of US users have decided to use a different browser. Why do you think?