Lounger
    Thanks

Removing multiple choices at boot up

I have upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of months ago, the old Windows 7 operating system is out of my computer but on startup or reboot, it still has the choice come up asking which system I want to boot up. I have made the Windows 10 the default system but would like to remove the Windows 7 choice from that page and just have the computer boot up straight into Windows 10 without always asking. How do I do this?

Thanks
    Adjustments can be made here.

Untitled.png

if you want to remove the unwanted option you can install EasyBCD to do so.
    http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

There is a command line ability but it is a learning experience...BCDEdit.exe is built into windows.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks - I will try that

Lounger
    Thanks
    I just downloaded the Easy BCD and within 3 minutes had it fixed. Worked like a charm. thanks so much - I had been waiting for over a week to have my Tech log in and fix it, now I don't have to and saved some $$$.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Following is an exert from an Email from Easy BCD-do you know if it is safe and also works well?
    We've actually developed our own custom repair CD for Windows; it's been under development for a number of years and we've finally been able to achieve something we've been working on for a very long time. Easy Recovery Essentials is a bootable image that you can download from our website and burn to a CD or USB and boot from it on the PC you need to fix.
    Download EasyRE for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
    What's special about EasyRE is that the entire repair process has literally been boiled down to a single click. Our development of system and boot utilities for Windows over the past 11 years has allowed us to create a system that will automatically scan your PC and repair errors as it goes along. EasyRE starts with the hardware and tests it for functionality and then moves on to check the MBR and partition records for any issues, before automatically identifying Windows installations and rebuilding the bootloader and relevant boot files to get your PC booting once again.
    We can guarantee that EasyRE will fix almost all boot errors - even those Microsoft's own repair utilities can't - and it can also sort out many blue screens of death, registry problems, driver conflicts, and other common Windows errors that prevent your PC from starting up. If you're still having trouble with your PC, give EasyRE a try - it might save you from having to take your PC in to the shop or needing to format and reinstall Windows as a last ditch effort.
    thanks - Charlene

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Don't forget to come back here next time you want to save $$$.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyC View Post
    I just downloaded the Easy BCD and within 3 minutes had it fixed. Worked like a charm. thanks so much - I had been waiting for over a week to have my Tech log in and fix it, now I don't have to and saved some $$$.
    You are welcome, always glad to help when I can.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.