Thanks

Outlook 2016 favorites keep rearranging

In the Favorites section of Outlook 2016, various often accessed folders can be placed, as we know. What I do NOT know however, is why those folders keep rearranging themselves, so that accessing them always has to involve a search of "where is it in the list?"

Is there a way to get the Favorites list to remain static?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've never seen this.

I did see the favourites folder disappear completely for a while. No idea what happened, but it came back when I restarted Outlook 2016.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I also have that problem periodically!

Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    In the Favorites section of Outlook 2016, various often accessed folders can be placed, as we know. What I do NOT know however, is why those folders keep rearranging themselves, so that accessing them always has to involve a search of "where is it in the list?"

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    I have noticed that the order of favourites can change sometimes each time that you open Outlook (2010, 2013 and 2016). I have noticed that the order changes when you close Outlook and re-open it very quickly thereafter. It can take some time for Outlook to shut down properly, and I have had it hang on occasion because I tried opening before the shutdown process was finished.

My workaround is to simply close Outlook, wait until it has properly shut down and re-start - Voila! The favourites are in the proper order again.

New Lounger
    Thanks

order of favorite folders changes

Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    I've also had the favorites sort order problem. From another thread:

I am also having a similar problem, I have done some testing on my outlook...
    In my outlook I have setup several email accounts configured including exchange, Hotmail/outlook.com, Microsoft 365, POP, IMAP/SMTP types.
    I added each inbox to the favorites one by one, moving them to the top of the favorites section, closing and opening Outlook between each one. I found that when I added the IMAP/SMTP folders to favorites (like gmail or yahoo) the problem starts.
    Furthermore I found that I can add the imap accounts to favorites but if I do NOT move them to the top of the favorites section, (keeping them toward the bottom of the favorites list like below sent items and deleted items) it does not cause the ordering problem.
    One more thing found during testing, if you add the imap account and restart outlook to find the order has changed you can remove the imap account from favorites (be sure not to change the favorites order again) then close and open outlook again, the order will return correctly.
    Hopefully this can provide some insight to resolve the problem.
    I have also found that if I add my IMAP account to the end of the Favorites list (Gmail), then the sort order remains. Once I move it up the list, the sort order becomes corrupted.