5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Suggestions for a more dependable Windows 10

ON SECURITY

Suggestions for a more dependable Windows 10

By Susan Bradley

As a long-time Windows professional, I'm generally pleased with Microsoft's latest edition of the OS. But the company's decision to take Windows-updating control out of users' hands is simply wrong. Here's why.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/on-security/suggestions-for-a-more-dependable-windows-10/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.[/td] [/tr][/tbl]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathleen Atkins For This Useful Post:

mabagwell (2015-10-15)

Thanks
    I signed the petition with a rather detailed description of why we need better information and better control over the updating process.

Let's hope Nadella and Company listen this time and make appropriate changes, at least for Pro users.

Any updates on this issue will be appreciated.
    -- Bob Primak --

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I signed, adding I wouldn't be upgrading to Win10 until this addressed.

Bravo for doing this. My first impressions where a seeming acceptance of this foolishness by Win Secrets.

Even Android gives us this choice of when.

Thanks
    If you thought every contributor to Windows Secrets was accepting the forced updates and lack of details in the updates descriptions, then either you were a free subscriber and didn't follow Susan Bradley's Patch Watch columns, or else you missed several columns by Woody Leonhard (who is no longer a contributor to Windows Secrets Newsletter, according to the AskWoody website blog). Both authors have taken Microsoft to task many times for its heavy-handed tactics and lack of transparency. Welcome to the New Windows! Cute babies in the commercials and all.
    -- Bob Primak --