New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry LINK EXCEL 2013 to WORD FORMATTING ISSUES

Hello All

I am linking a dynamic EXCEL Pivot Table to a WORD document. I have data that is imported into the EXCEL document using VBA and then refreshed in the PIVOT Tables. The PIVOT Tables are dynamic named ranges that I then call into the WORD document with this call:

{LINK Excel.SheetMacroEnabled.12 C:\\FlightAnalysis\\PerformanceMonthly.xlsm EXCLCharts!EXCLChartsTable \a \f 4 \h}

When I open the WORD document and accept the links, the formatting is not consistent(See attached file), sometimes formatted properly and with other data sets will go off the page. How do I set the columns to not update and corrupt the document? I have tried several iterations of the above line, none of which seem to work. I tried alternate formatting with the f5 and MERGEFORMAT with no success.

{LINK Excel.SheetMacroEnabled.12 C:\\FlightAnalysis\\PerformanceMonthly.xlsm EXCLCharts!EXCLChartsTable \a \f 5 \h}
    {LINK Excel.SheetMacroEnabled.12 C:\\FlightAnalysis\\PerformanceMonthly.xlsm EXCLCharts!EXCLChartsTable \a \f 4 \h\ *MERGEFORMAT }

All resulting in a different issue. Any suggestions?

Thank you
    Wuggles
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    What you'll see in a linked worksheet object depends on the object's formatting; Word has no control over that. Part of the problem there is that Excel isn't a true wysiwyg program, so what you see on-screen there isn't necessarily how it will be printed or how another program will parse it.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank yo for your response. I had a feeling that was the case and that I was out of luck, I was just hoping there was a way to force the formatting through WORD to be consistent. My users don't want to have to realign the columns every time they run the program, but if that is the case then that will just be part of the process. Linking a cell avoid such issues, but in this case I need to link the entire Pivot Table. Thank you again for your response.