Thread: DVD Ripper

New Lounger
    Thanks

DVD Ripper

Need help in deciding which free or payed for DVD ripper for my windows 10 pro 64 bit computer. Have tried winxdvd ripper platignum trial version but it keeps splitting the video into title sections which means when one title is finished you have to select the second title section in order to continue watching the remainder of video. I realise Microsoft has one in store although reports are not very favourable. Any suggestions appreciated.
    joni

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Gizmo has some suggestions: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best...dvd-ripper.htm
    Have you tried DVDx? (I've not used it)

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks

DVD to computer

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    Gizmo has some suggestions: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best...dvd-ripper.htm
    Have you tried DVDx? (I've not used it)

cheers, Paul
    Thanks Paul, clicked on the link you sent to the Gizmo web site and d/loaded DVD Shrink. The results were very satisfactory so may purchase the full version, in the meantime will try out free video converter and see how that performs, in any case you have solved my problem and I thank you ever so much
    joni

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joni View Post
    Need help in deciding which free or payed for DVD ripper for my windows 10 pro 64 bit computer. Have tried winxdvd ripper platignum trial version but it keeps splitting the video into title sections which means when one title is finished you have to select the second title section in order to continue watching the remainder of video. I realise Microsoft has one in store although reports are not very favourable. Any suggestions appreciated.
    joni
    I have the paid version (lifetime license, includes upgrades) of WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and it doesn't have that behavior. I get (by choice) one single file (I select conversion to .mpg) which is only the movie itself, no previews of other films or any of the other junk one must wade through when playing from the DVD directly. Typically I don't even see a menu, it just goes straight into the feature. The Movies & TV App plays the movies just fine.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks bbearren. It's good to hear from someone who has the full program. It would appear the trial version is designed to behave differently. I will most likely invest in the full program because the interface is so much easier to use than the free programs.
    Thank you for your input. joni