Star Lounger
    Thanks

Import emails from Outlook Express

I am helping a friend to move to Win10. He used Outlook Express on WinXP. We have all the .bdx files and the address book. How can we get Mail to import the old emails and contacts? (The old PC is not working at all and the HDD will not boot anymore.)

Leon

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

Leon1 (2015-10-16)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Paul. Unfortunately it does not provide a means of importing the old emails into Mail (Win10). There must be a solution.

Thanks
    The Windows 10 Mail app is really poorly designed, I think created by neohphyte programmers for something to do. It started with the W8 Mail app. I mean, "Favorite" contacts instead of a list of actual Contacts that you can use, import, or export? The layout and color is shoddy, in line with most W10 looks. Too large, letters too thin, too spaced out, no toolbars, Options requires far too many menu levels... so much of Windows 10 is like this. I can't understand it.

Oh, yes, no importing or exporting mails, either. I love the way MS changes their mail format with every new OS. I will stick to PostBox or Thunderbird.
    Last edited by beachboybogart; 2015-10-16 at 14:31.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboybogart View Post
    The Windows 10 Mail app is really poorly designed, I think created by neohphyte programmers for something to do. It started with the W8 Mail app. I mean, "Favorite" contacts instead of a list of actual Contacts that you can use, import, or export? The layout and color is shoddy, in line with most W10 looks. Too large, letters too thin, too spaced out, no toolbars, Options requires far too many menu levels... so much of Windows 10 is like this. I can't understand it.

Oh, yes, no importing or exporting mails, either. I love the way MS changes their mail format with every new OS. I will stick to PostBox or Thunderbird.
    I would recommend Thunderbird. Unfortunately most of the importing links (google search) that I found assume a working Windows system with Outlook Express on it. You might be able to McGyver something on your W10 system if you can access the old hard drive.
    George

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    George

Thanks
    Wow, that is such a convoluted and intense method for the average user... even to me it looks ridiculous. When will MS learn?