3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report Won't Print! (Access 2000 SR1)

I have a report that is being opened with the following statement:

DoCmd.OpenReport "Ticket Report", , , strwhere

When I use acViewPreview as the second parameter, it opens perfectly in Preview mode. I can click on the print symbol and it prints to the printer. However, when I change acViewPreview to acViewNormal (or alternatively remove the second parameter altogether), the report will not print! It appears to start printing (i.e. it says "Now printing to Brother..." but never says that it is printing page 1 to Brother.... as it does with other reports in the app which do print automatically with no problem.

I do have code in several sections of the report and the code works as it should in acViewPreview mode.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
    Carol W.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Won't Print! (Access 2000 SR1)

Is there a msgbox in there anywhere? Usually when I see this kind of behavior it's because the user it being asked for a response of some kind but can't actually see the message because it's hidden behind something like a modal form.
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Won't Print! (Access 2000 SR1)

Thank you for the reply.

No, there is no msgbox in the code. However, I have been able to work around this problem by opening the report with the acviewpreview parameter as the second parameter, which works perfectly, and then issuing a docmd.printout command specifying to print all pages. I found out about this command by searching the MS Knowledgebase.

Isn't this strange behavior?
    Carol W.