Lounger
    Thanks

new request for old logon in XP pro

I have been using linksys support to install a wireless network. After that was accomplished, I cannot boot up. I am asked to logon to windows immediately after startup but it will not accept my previous name and password. It appears that I need to get to the desktop in order to change login. How can I get past the login requirement.
    Last edited by bbearren; 2015-10-17 at 15:56. Reason: removed email address

Thanks
    I've removed your email address from the OP; that's like an open invitation for spam. Any help will be offered in this thread you've just started.

Rule #10. Do not make private-message requests
    Please keep your questions and answers on the public forums. We discourage sending or asking for replies via e-mail or private message. Private requests defeat the purpose of the Lounge, which is designed to share information as widely as possible. If you're worried you'll miss any replies, click the thread's link to receive e-mail notification. You can also set your notification defaults globally in the Your Notifications section of your Profile."

Do you have a different logon ID and password for your wireless network, and have you tried that?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm sorry but I cannot get email sent to my main computer and need email sent to my wife's computer. Apparently, that is not allowed. I was able to get help from my ISP to eventually gain access to this Thread that arrived at the address of the computer that I cannot boot. I am replying through my ISP.

Linksys did not give me any logon ID or password. How would I get the logon and password for the wireless network.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deanvet View Post
    I'm sorry but I cannot get email sent to my main computer and need email sent to my wife's computer. Apparently, that is not allowed. I was able to get help from my ISP to eventually gain access to this Thread that arrived at the address of the computer that I cannot boot. I am replying through my ISP.
    At the top of the page in the "Welcome" line, click on Settings, go to My Account, Edit Email and Password. There you can change the email address that is being used.

Linksys did not give me any logon ID or password. How would I get the logon and password for the wireless network.
    Apparently you are using the default logon and password for the Linksys wireless router you're using. Try their support site.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Windows XP passwords can be reset using the NT Offline Password & Registry Editor. Boot from the CD and follow the prompts to remove the password.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Paul
    do you know if that is working in W10?

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    W10 has a different method.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-...in-windows-10/

cheers, Paul

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

wavy (2015-10-24)