New Lounger
    Thanks

VolPanlu.exe error

Hello !
    I am very new here because I need some help from people who know and I tried to send a help message and I am not sure I know what I did here. I am not smart on computers and I was happy with Win7. Recently I upgraded to Win10 at the Microsoft push and I have an application error with VolPanlu.exe I did not have before. I have been looking on the Internet for solutions, but whatever I did it is not working.
    I hoped I did not have to end up here, as I find it not easy either to ask in the right place. Where do I post my question ?. I hope someone would answer me with how to post questions in the right place and I give more details.
    Thank you, and regards, Vasile
    Last edited by ruirib; 2015-10-19 at 04:23. Reason: Moved from ContactUS

Thanks
    From: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8ddafe7?auth=1

"Volpanlu.exe is a Windows file created by Creative Technology. The file is usually found in Program Files\creative\sound blaster x-fi\volume panel folder..."
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Program error

Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    From: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8ddafe7?auth=1

"Volpanlu.exe is a Windows file created by Creative Technology. The file is usually found in Program Files\creative\sound blaster x-fi\volume panel folder..."
    Sir, Thank you for your answer,

The error message looks like this:
    The instruction at 0x0000000068001EF5
    referenced memory at 0x000000003F79AF4
    The memory could not be read. Because of this Win10 would not shut down when I stop the computer and I have to stop that program manually.
    Malwarebyts did not find any virus, no did Avira or Windows Defender before installing Avira.
    I tried to uninstall/reinstall the Creative software in the Control Panel. I have there 3 items:
    Creative Control Panel.
    Creative Media Source 5. and
    Creative Software Update. I could only uninstall Creative Media Source, the other two would not uninstall. I reinstalled it as it did not make a difference. My computer is Pentium CPU 2.6 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM Nvidia GE Force 210.
    May be I should not expect to fix it as may not not be that easy.
    Again thank you for your message. Regards, Vasile.

jwoods
    Try downloading the free version of GeekUninstaller, and use that to force an uninstall of the two programs you had issues with...

http://www.geekuninstaller.com/download

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoods View Post
    Try downloading the free version of GeekUninstaller, and use that to force an uninstall of the two programs you had issues with...

http://www.geekuninstaller.com/download
    Sir, thank you for your solution. I will try it later eventually, but I am not sure how I find the right driver/software from Creative site as they have lists of them and I think it is easy to get the wrong one.
    For now I contacted the Creative Customer Service and they said they will answer me "in a few days ".
    Win 10 tells me I have the right drivers up to date.
    Thank you, Vasile.