5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Install Win10 without product key or activation

LANGALIST PLUS

Install Win10 without product key or activation

By Fred Langa

Here are two free, completely legitimate ways to experimentally install Win10 on PCs that don't qualify for the free upgrade no product key or activation required. Plus: What to do when Windows refuses to accept a Windows Live sign-in password, and taking advantage of some unusually low RAM prices.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/langalist-plus/install-win10-without-product-key-or-activation/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I would not install Windows 10 even if it was free!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Why?

cheers, Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a 64 bit Win7 Pro system built in anticipation of Win10 last winter, I did a complete from scratch install on it after upgrading and it has been humming along nicely ever since. It replaced an older machine that had Win7 Home Premium 64 on it and it passed Win10's first examination, but about a month before the release, it failed - because of an outdated Nvidia graphics card, a card Nvidia no longer makes nor supports. I would have liked to have that as a backup system, and still do really, only with Win7 still. I'm not putting new hardware into a 6 year old machine.

I am having no issues with Win10 other than minor annoyances - like not using Cortana because I will not sign into my machine with a Microsoft account and allow them to track every thing I do - nothing illegal, but I'm of the Big Brother generation and simply won't do that. But then, Ixquick and the vanilla windows search still work just fine. I've even gotten used to the forced updates. One thing that makes me chuckle though is every time I print something, Win10 tells me my printer is not working. But it is, it is just asleep until the print job hits it and Win10 just can't seem to get that. Not the first time Big Brother has failed to understand a simple message in my experience. :^)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Paul,
    Just the way I feel.
    Cheers, Joe