New Lounger
    Thanks

Strange Windows Problem Reports

I recently discovered the Problem Reports feature of Windows 7. I notice that there are a large number of duplicate "problems" reported that seem to have no noticeable affect on the operation of my computer or any of its programs including Windows Update. They are not reflected in the Windows Reliability Monitor either. I ran sfc and chkdsk processes and they reported no problems.

The information for each line is the same and I have added a copy of one of them below. Does anyone know anything about this? Can I ignore these reports? For the last month I have just deleted them whenever I see them. It appears that the 50-75 duplicated reports are only posted once a day.

Source Windows ModulesInstallerSummary WindowsWcpStoreCorruption
    Date 10/21/2015 7:58 AM
    Status Report sent
    Problemsignature
    Problem Event Name: WindowsWcpStoreCorruption
    OsVersion:6.1.7601
    Type:MissingWinningComponentKey
    Path:wow64_microsoft-windows-security-kerberos_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18912_none_4f4f 7d28fbcfb7c3
    OSVersion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    LocaleID: 1033
    Extrainformation about the problem Bucket ID: 46666163

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    According to Technet you need to run DISM.
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/joscon/ar...rver-2012.aspx

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    For Win 7 the dism..../restorehealth cmd returns Error 87 and you need to run the System Update Readiness Tool which can fix some corruption that sfc doesn't check for.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/checks...readiness-tool

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Catastrophe. After running this one (I should have realized this would not work when I found that the site was unavailable but -unfortunately- there was a cached copy available) I wound up restoring the system from an image.

Neither of these solutions work for me.

My system is now running OK again -like it was before I tried to fix this issue- except I can never run disk cleanup. As long as I do not use this utility, these mysterious reports do not appear and I do not have issues with Windows updates or day to day use.