New Lounger
    Thanks

Cool Win 10 update checkmark a mistake ? and update on win 10

I just checked my windows updates this AM and magically the win 10 install update has once again been check marked. A mistake ? I suspect there is something going on at MS.

Yesterday I was greeted by a a little message on my desk top..Your windows 7 is not a valid program. Interesting since it is the program installed on the new machine 3 years ago by HP.
    I have never had any problem using the system with this install. HP in their infinite wisdom has decided that win 10 will be a tech profit windfall and after already having profited by deals with MS for new installs now looks to get paid for there own and ms's poor practices. They deny responsibility as does MS. Of course for a fee HP will fix the problem! I will not bore you with the rest of the story.
    HP is apparently sliding down the sales curve and working hard to alienate customers. Any bets on what brand will be on my next machine? Software is another story but, a replacement for windows will surely appear in the near future.

I find Windows Secret informative and useful.

Thanks
    I have Windows 7 Pro, my WU appears with W10 preSelected [checkmarked] again, and again. Keep hiding it, along with the Telemetry/phone home KBs -- you'll be fine
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandJS View Post
    I have Windows 7 Pro, my WU appears with W10 preSelected [checkmarked] again, and again. Keep hiding it, along with the Telemetry/phone home KBs -- you'll be fine
    Roland why not do the regedit?
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Or GWX Control Panel?

cheers, Paul