2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Distribute a vba module (Outlook 2K sr1)

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.p...sb=5&o=0&fpart=

I posted this in the VBA forum, but thought I'd add it here, too. I'm trying to distribute a module of VBA code to my Outlook users. Any thoughts on how I might do this, perhaps with a login script?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

klyjen

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Distribute a vba module (Outlook 2K sr1)

i'd go for a com addin over vba modules. if the user has custom code, your module would replace it. otherwise, a script should work.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks! Unfortunately, my knowledge of COM addins comprises, well, nothing. Considering than none of my users have any custom code (they wouldn't know how to write it) I am thinking that a login script item should hopefully work, then. Would I just need to copy the .otm file to all of my users? (All of the modules should be the same for all users...) Or would that effect any user customization of the Outlook profile (offline settings, signatures, additional mailboxes, etc) the same way the profile wizard does...??

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I did a quick test of copying the otm file and found it did not affect anything else.

If you've added toolbar buttons to run code, customized forms, etc. then the you're dealing with a lot more than the project file; an add-in is probably the only way to distribute this in a way you can manage over the long haul.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yeah, you're right, there is a toolbar button, too. I'm going to need to create an addin. Eep! It'll be my first. Thanks for pointing that out...it would've been bad for me to say "here, now you can use the SendFile feature" without giving users a means to activate it!

jen