New Lounger
    Thanks

Computer keeps waking itself up

I have had a problem for over a year where my desktop keeps waking itself up. I had this problem in WIN 8 and it remains after upgrading to WIN 10. It doesn't matter if I have it set for sleep or hibernate, it randomly wakes itself up anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes after going asleep. I have scanned with multiple anti-virus programs, Malbytes, and Spyhunter 4. I have also scanned in safe mode and non-network connected mode.

Any advice?
    thanks
    Steve

Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, I think that got me on the right track. I disabled the wakeup on REALTEK PCIe, but it still did it. I went back and also disabled wake up for the Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced N 6235 and it seems to have done the trick. thanks

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I have the same issue but it's caused by a power fluctuation, which usually happens around 5 in the morning, if it happens at all.

cheers, Paul

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Having the same issue but only happens when I first turn off my PC (and not always). I did have the wake on lan option ticked so I unchecked it. We shall see if indeed that is my issue, but I suspect it's another.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    One method to determine the cause of 'wake up' is to use the POWERCFG command. This will display the activity that caused the PC return from SLEEP or wake up. The cause can be key hit, an app(remote access, update, etc.) or something else. I have found this very useful with customers who claim their PC will not sleep.

Open a command windows: START then RUN then type CMD, click OK or WINDOWS key + R
    A black command window will display.
    Type powercfg -lastwake (powercfg /? for other options).

My recent results:
    C:\Users\XXX>powercfg -lastwake
    Wake History Count - 1
    Wake History [0]
    Wake Source Count - 1
    Wake Source [0]
    Type: Device
    Instance Path: USB\ROOT_HUB20\4&dba837&0
    Friendly Name:
    Description: USB Root Hub <--------- indicates wake via keyboard or mouse activity
    Manufacturer: (Standard USB Host Controller)

C:\Users\XXX>