4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Select & move a check box (97)

Select & move a check box
    I cant select & move a check box inside a table cell & I

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Select & move a check box (97)

It is probably protected. Check in the Tools menu and see if Unprotect is an option. If so, that would be the issue.
    Karen

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Was the checkbox inserted into the document from the form toolbar? It's possible that the form components are "locked" which would prevent your moving the checkbox. To check this, go to View| Toolbars| Forms to activate the forms toolbar. Look at the padlock-shaped button; it 'locks' the form components. If it's activated, click it (it's a toggle like the Bold toolbar) and see if you can move your checkbox at that point.

If that doesn't help, I have no other ideas...sorry!

klyjen

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ok I am able to move it now with a mouse, but I wanted to be able to move it w/my keyboard in order to move it ever so slightly rather than the wide sweeps a mouse drag restricts you to.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Hi,

It's still unclear exactly what type of object this checkbox is. However if you're able to move it with your mouse, I'm guessing it's not a forms checkbox but rather may be some kind of graphic image/object. If the latter is the case, you can micro-move it by clicking once to select it, and then while holding down the Control key, using the Up, Down, Left and Right arrow keys. (This method will work for "floating" objects [you get white boxes when it is selected] but probably won't work for "inline" objects [you get black boxes when it is selected]).

Gary