Lounger
    Thanks

Optical mouse trouble

I am using a optical mouse on my desktop,gateway sx2110g-uw24, running windows 8. The mouse pointer disappears from the screen. Sometimes comes back and other times i have to reset the computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    I may be stating the obvious, but if its a wireless mouse, have you changed the batteries. Otherwise, try a different mouse and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks
    If trying a different mouse doesn't solve the problem, then it's not the mouse. Run Task Manager, and click on the Processes tab, to see if anything is using an inordinate amount of resources. Sort the display first on CPU, then on Memory. The big culprits will be shown at the top of the list.

You can leave Task Manager running, so that when the mouse pointer disappears, you will be able to see what was using the most resources at the moment it disappeared. That could be the culprit.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is a wild shot in the dark but any chance you have had a second monitor? If so, then I have seen cases where things get mixed up and Windows thinks it's there. In a case like that, the mouse can disappear.

On some setups, there's a hotkey that can switch mode from single to multiple screens. If you hit it by accident it might be happening.

Again, this is a rather off the wall notion but...
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)