Thanks

Walk the dogs twice a day [WinPrivacy & WinAntiRansom]

Best to have these two "dog pics" as TaskbarPins and in the Taskbar notifications.
    Because these two are not really "set it and forget it" utilities, at least once in the morning and once in the early evening, I click on these two. I make sure the user name and license has not been "kicked out."
    WinPrivacy's Blocked Programs -- anything in there that you know is good, right click on it and choose Allow Program. It will be moved to the Allowed area.
    WinAntiRansom's Programs -- for me, the least hassle is to make sure all known good programs, side EXEs are green-clicked [by the program and/or by me] in the PreEmptive Strike column. **Think of lawyers for both sides pre-emptively striking a potential juror from having to be further grilled and vetted. That is the pre-emptive strike within WinAntiRansom. **
    In short, walk the dogs at least twice a day.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    WinAntiRansom's SafeZone.
    Doesn't protect programs, utilities, EXEs.
    It simply allows the end-user to specify which applications, utilities, reader/writer, programs,
    are allowed to view, read from, write to data files, zip files,
    that have been copied into or moved into said Safe Zone.
    Again, walk the dogs at least twice a day.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I didn't understand the first post and neither the second...what is it we should know about these utilities?

Thanks
    I agree. I don't understand either post.

And what does "Walk the dogs" mean? Are you speaking in some type of code? Try full sentences that describe what you are trying to communicate.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Zorkoff View Post
    And what does "Walk the dogs" mean?
    The two programs he is talking about are part of the "WinPatrol" family. The icons for these programs are all dogs... Scottie, Bloodhound, and a Rottweiler.
    WinPatrol has been around a long time -- most of the old-timers here probably run it.

Jim

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This old-timer uses WinPatrol, has done for a decade, and swears by it. WinPrivacy is a newcomer to this "dog run" (to continue the canine metaphor that seems to have upset some Loungers); it is excellent for stopping programs from "phoning home" when THEY feel like doing so.

The GWX files are all there. I'll take Windows 10 in my own good time, not because Microsoft decides it wants me to.

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnFleming View Post
    (to continue the canine metaphor that seems to have upset some Loungers);
    I think it was more the cryptic use of the metaphor that was confusing, rather than the metaphor itself.

Most high-quality AV/AM programs today do pretty much the same thing, automatically.
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-10-31 at 19:01.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

Trev (2015-10-31)