New Lounger
    Thanks

Menu add-on for Office 2016?

I've been using Ubit Menu ( http://www.ubit.ch/software/ubitmenu-languages/ ) for Office 2013. Is there an equivalent free program for Office 2016?
    All I've been able to find is this one for $30 http://www.addintools.com/office2010...lus/index.html

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, to answer my own question, I checked with the developer of Ubit Menu. He says Ubit Menu works with Office 2016 as well as with earlier versions. I've now tried it with 2016 and it works fine.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    IMHO it's time you learnt to use the Ribbon. It's been in use for 9 years now and isn't going away anytime soon. As even the makers of Ubit Menu say, the idea is to provide a transition window for users to "adapt to the new interface", not to provide a permanent crutch...
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macropod View Post
    IMHO it's time you learnt to use the Ribbon. It's been in use for 9 years now and isn't going away anytime soon. As even the makers of Ubit Menu say, the idea is to provide a transition window for users to "adapt to the new interface", not to provide a permanent crutch...

Well, IMHO the ribbon is not an improvement. That's why I continue to use WordPerfect and LibreOffice Calc for spreadsheets and only use Office when compelled to. Yes, it's true, the Ribbon is not going away.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I personally still use Office 2003 when I have to. It's SO much easier to use than the over complicated newer versions. And for my own personal work, I still use Lotus SmartSuite. It's VERY easy to use. I agree 100% with you bjprice.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    For a long time Microsoft saw many feature requests submitted for functionality which already existed. For most users the ribbon exposes more Office features than the menu paradigm. In Office 2016 Microsoft added a feature called "tell me what you want to do" to provide help based on what you are trying to accomplish rather than an official feature name.

Joe

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Corbett View Post
    I think it would be interesting to have that poll again - perhaps more might like it. I upgraded from O2003 to O2013 a few months ago and I now prefer the ribbon, especially as I get to know some of the wrinkles.

Or perhaps it's still not liked by most....

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's easy to hide the ribbon if you don't like it. Keyboard shortcuts are also available for many of the more simple operations. I only hide the ribbon if I need extra space to see more of a spreadsheet.