Thread: Gmail issues

New Lounger
    Thanks

Gmail issues

Hi,

I have 3 gmail accounts setup on my mobile phone and one of these on my laptop as well.
    The other 2 gmail accounts I am unable to transfer to my laptop and need to understand why?
    I can access each of the 3gmails online.
    I need to understand why I am unable to "sync" the other 2 onto my laptop or to download to my laptop.
    Thanking you
    masaloi

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    gmail isn't a local drive sort of thing but Internet based so it is already sync'd.

However, you can go into Settings/Forwarding and IMAP to see what you can do from there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    masaloi,

I just struggled with this problem just yesterday. Depending on what Client you are trying to use, I was trying to use Outlook 2003, gmail wants to use TLS and Outlook 2003 does not support that protocol only SSL. If you are attempting to use a client that doesn't support TLS the settings you make in "Forwarding POP/IMAP" will not work. You need to set the "Less Secure Applications" flag which will then allow GMail to work with SSL. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks

I use Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by masaloi View Post
    Hi,

I have 3 gmail accounts setup on my mobile phone and one of these on my laptop as well.
    The other 2 gmail accounts I am unable to transfer to my laptop and need to understand why?
    I can access each of the 3gmails online.
    I need to understand why I am unable to "sync" the other 2 onto my laptop or to download to my laptop.
    Thanking you
    masaloi
    I use Mozilla Thunderbird email client with no issues; four gmail plus multiple others. I believe I have nine email accounts and Many many file folders with filters. However, I also run this on a dedicated older windows XP machine that is only used for email. A KVM switch allows easy access. With only three accounts, I would think you would not need a dedicated machine. I use it only because it loads up my RAM and ROM otherwise.

Thanks
    After getting fed up with Thunderbird I started using Eclient which is free for one account..I like it...

Hey Ted, how are you?
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Banyarola For This Useful Post:

careen (2015-11-26)

Thanks
    I've tried more email clients, over the years, than I even care to remember, but I always went back to old reliable 'Outlook Express'.
    Well, that was great for Windows XP, but for any later OS, O.E. doesn't work anymore.

Enter Windows Mail. (NOT Windows Live Mail) It's the default email client in Vista, and almost identical to O.E., but MS has disabled it in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
    Not to worry! It's still there and it's fixable. I use it now exclusively on all my 14 PC's.

Now as for Google Mail (GMail) that works great for me, that is till it got my accounts crossed up this week and when I'd send someone an email from my main account they would see it as coming from another one of my secondary accounts. It was like a Cross-Linked file. So I was forced, tonight, to go to Google.com, sign into my secondary account and DELETE it. Then I had to email all my people that use that account and tell them to only use my main address.

I've used GMail almost as long as it's been in existence, and this it the first time I've ever really had a problem with it.

Cheers Mates!
    The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DrWho For This Useful Post:

careen (2015-11-26)