2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Repair the Windows component store of the offline image

Hi

If, from the "Command prompt" window of a DVD of Windows 10, I had to run the Dism /Image:<Offline_image_primary_partition_letter>:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:<DVD_drive_letter>:\Sources\Install.wim :<Image_Index> /limitaccess or Dism /Image:<Offline_image_primary_partition_letter>:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:<DVD_drive_letter>:\Sources\Install.esd :<Image_Index> /limitaccess command, I could also repair the Windows component store of the offline image?

Thanks

Bye
    Last edited by balubeto; 2015-10-30 at 13:28.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You only really have to run those cmds when you get an error when running dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth from an admin cmd prompt - such as error 0x800f081f where the source files cannot be found.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...0itprohardware

Usually running dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup followed by dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth will usually do it and follow that up with a sfc /scannow to confirm there's nothing outstanding.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    You only really have to run those cmds when you get an error when running dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth from an admin cmd prompt - such as error 0x800f081f where the source files cannot be found.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...0itprohardware

Usually running dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup followed by dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth will usually do it and follow that up with a sfc /scannow to confirm there's nothing outstanding.
    The commands of the first post work on an offline image? If not, how do I completely repair an offline image using the DISM command?

Thanks

Bye

jwoods

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoods View Post
    Unfortunately the article mentioned above is about the use of DISM only on an image online.

Instead I was wondering if I could use this command to repair the Windows components store of an image offline.

Thanks

Bye

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by balubeto View Post
    Unfortunately the article mentioned above is about the use of DISM only on an image online.

Instead I was wondering if I could use this command to repair the Windows components store of an image offline.

Thanks

Bye
    There is a link at the beginning of the article titled How to Repair a Windows Image that shows the command for offline images...