Lounger
    Thanks

retrieving info (2000)

I am trying to retrieve information from my table regarding a specific record. I want to be able to enter the information required on my form (example: customer's acct. #) and once I hit enter I want it to retrieve all the info. regarding that record. I am able to do this with a combo box. However, I want to have to enter the info. required to bring up that specific record only.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: retrieving info (2000)

Are you saying that you do NOT want to select the information from a combo box but type it in to a text box instead? Look at the code created by the combo box that does what you want and modify that code to use the name of the text box instead as that will probably be the easiest way to do it. My only comment would be that I suggest you stick with the combo box as this will show only existing records and avoid any typos, etc., but it is your call....

hth,
    Jack

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, I tried doing what you stated previously (copying the code from the combo box) but the combo box puts the code in the recordsource property and this property does not show up for a text box? So, I put the code in the control source but it would not change the other text boxes on the form to refer to the information selected for that record. Any suggestions?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

If you have an unbound text box named Text1 on your form then code like this in the After Update event of the text box will fill the rest of the fields on the form with the correct data:

Dim rs As Object

Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
    rs.FindFirst "[AcctID] = " & Me.Text1
    Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark

Change the AcctID to the actual field your are looking for and change Text1 to the actual name of your unbound text box. In this code I have assumed that AcctID is numerical and NOT text. If it is text then the second line should read: rs.FindFirst "[AcctID] = '"& Me.Text1& "'". (Here I have added extra spaces so you can see the proper syntax: rs.FindFirst "[AcctID] = ' " & Me.Text1& " ' ". Do not add the extra spaces.)

hth,
    Jack

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks !!! That worked great.