Star Lounger
    Thanks

Deleting an opened message (OE 6)

I am running OE 6. As expected, when I double click on a message in my inbox, the message will open up in another window. If I then hit the X (delete) button, the message is deleted and the next message in the inbox is opened. I would prefer that that OE would just send me back to the inbox without opening the next message. Outlook 2000 will do this. Is there a way for OE to do this as well? BTW...previous versions did the same thing, if I recall. TIA

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Deleting an opened message (OE 6)

I, too, would like to have this option in OE6. However, right now we don't. Here's what you can do, though.

After you read the message, instead of hitting the Delete button, hit your Esc key. You'll be brought back to your message list with the message that you just read still highlighted. All you have to do is hit the Delete key (or the Delete button on the toolbar) to delete it & the next unread message in the message list will be highlighted, ready to open & read.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Deleting an opened message (OE 6)

Thanks for the reply. Your posted procedure is what I am doing now. Maybe one day we'll see it show up in a later version. I use OE at home and Outlook at the office. I've gotten use to hitting delete on an opened message at work and tend to want to do it at home as well.