New Lounger
    Thanks

Newbie Question: Suddenly Unprintable Forms (97 SR-2)

I'm putting together my first small database using Access (97 SR-2) and getting bitten by what seems to be a printing (property-setting?) problem. I've created half a dozen or so input forms and dialogs, printed them out several times previously, no problems whatever with printing...until this AM, when I went to print the whole works out for review with my client, and absolutely no WAY could I get a preview or print of anything beyond the form header, on one of the forms! Longest and most complex one, natch... doesn't matter whether it's opened with Open or Design, all Print Preview and Print can see is a half-inch of form header.

I've been through the Access help files, compared properties from A-Z between this and the forms that still print OK, no discrepanies evident, I'm not aware of changing ANYTHING on the form that should have had any effect on print/preview behaviour--the only thing I've done with the .mdb at all, since the last time I had it open with everything working fine, is copy it from one folder to another, and change one character in the name--and none of my references have anything to suggest as a way of dealing with this weirdness, or even that the potential for it exists.

Anyone out there know this one? And if yes, is there anything I can do to beat it, short of recreating my form from scratch?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Newbie Question: Suddenly Unprintable Forms (97 SR-2)

To start with .... Forms are not designed to be printed, you should be using Reports instead.

Have you checked the recordsources that the forms are bound to. Do they return valid records? If they are not, that is the problem.

RDH
    Ricky Hicks
    Microsoft MVP
    Birmingham, Alabama USA

New Lounger
    Thanks

No...everything's unbound at this point. This thing's still at the stage where we're working out what we want the input (forms) and output (reports) to look like, and marking up hard copy prototypes is the order of the day.

The only oddity I can see here, is that this is the only one of my forms where I've used a header <shrug> program quirk? The quick and dirty solution, for me, has been to create a new form with no header, copy in everything from the original form's Header and Detail sections, blow away the original and rename the copy after it. That's at least got me back to something that shows up for Print and Preview.

Cheers,

DJ Wight

Lounger
    Thanks

Instead of creating form again from scratch...try this
    In th database window right click on the form name (the one with problem)
    and click on 'Save as Report'.....
    give it a appropriate name and take a printout....
    if u want to see this report from the form....provide a command button on the form
    and on its click event call this report

Isha