New Lounger
    Thanks

Using Mail Merge to create a directory

Hi all,

I have been reading the tutorial from macropod but I'm doing something wrong. I have been struggling with this all day and have structured my merge according to macropod's tutorial and the Microsoft tutorial and keep getting the same (incorrect) results with both. I have a list of data that is sorted by program. I would like to display this data in word tables with each program in a separate table with each table starting on a new page. I keep getting each line in a separate table on separate pages. I am attaching my Word and Excel documents and would greatly appreciate any help!

Thank you!Program Template Involuntary Re-rate.docx20150828 Re-Rates.xlsx

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Your description suggests you're doing a letter merge instead of a directory merge. In any event, your mailmerge main document's field coding bears little resemblance to the field coding from the tutorial. I suggest you copy the actual field code from whichever example in the tutorial suits your needs and paste that into your mailmerge main document, then edit the field names to suit your requirements and insert your own table into the field code at the appropriate point.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't understand why it would be a letter instead of a directory. I used your example instead of the Microsoft one and it is closer to what I want, but each Program is still in a separate table. How do I make it so that all of Program 1 are listed together in Table 1 and all of Program 2 are listed in Table 2?

Program Template Involuntary Re-rate.docx

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Although you say you're using my example, your document is not structured as per any of the examples in the tutorial. Your field coding should look like:

{QUOTE{IF{MERGESEQ}= 1 {SET Key ""}}"{IF{MERGEFIELD AHRI_Program}<> {REF Key} "{IF{MERGESEQ}> 1 "{QUOTE 12}"}{SET Key {MERGEFIELD AHRI_Program}}Table Header Row goes here"}Table Data Row with mergefields goes here"}
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]