Star Lounger
    Thanks

Gwx Control Panel , Win10wiwi, and Windows updates

I have 8.1 and I installed the Gwx Control Panel as suggested by Ask Woody and also installed the Win10wiwi program for the same thing that was in I think a blog on AskWoody and Infoworld. He didn't know the author well but from his checking thought it was ok. I read about it and installed it and actually think it is better than the GWX Control Panel. My question is. I have only received one Optional Udate about 5 days ago and nothing else. Have the Windows Updates for Nov. come out yet. I am trying to find out as I am worried that either of these programs have made it so Microsoft is not sending me Updates now???
    drdoo2

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    For other than Win 10 it's still the second Tuesday of the month, although I've recently had an out of cycle Optional one which was for KB3102810 which I've installed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok. Thanks. Yea I got 810 or 812 Optional is all. I know Woody was just talking about Oct. stuff but, I just wanted to make sure. Seems like I can get Updates from the first to the second Tues or whenever lol.
    drdoo2

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Yeah, MS have been dropping in the odd out of cycle ones lately and especially the ones needed for Win 10 when you have previously hidden them - gotta look out for those sneaky ones

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    yea I am learning. Just keep with woody and the newsletter.
    Pat

jwoods
    Woody was a little dubious about Win10wiwi in the thread...

Just neuter them. GWX Control Panel not only hides the really bad updates, it turns off all the programs they bring.

That said, you should re-run GWX Control Panel every time you install any Microsoft patch.

I haven’t summoned up the courage to run Win10wiwi, either.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    jwoods. Yea I know Woody was a little dubious but I got the impression he was leaning more towards it being ok. I read all of the gentleman that has the programs info on it and it had very very good instructions for the program which was good, simple and complete. And after the program runs ur told what Updates were deleted and other things with written explanation about that. I havent had any problems that I am aware of with both. Thanks.
    drdoo2
    Last edited by drdoo2; 2015-11-08 at 13:01.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drdoo2 View Post
    Yea I know Woody was a little dubious but I got the impression he was leaning more towards it being ok. I read all his very very good instructions for the program which was good, simple and complete.
    I don't think Woody has published any instructions for Win10wiwi.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Bruce R. Sorry, I see I kinda wrote that wrong. I meant the gentleman that made the program had very good instructions, and lengthy and simple to understand and when done u get a list of what the program found as far as KB's that were either deleted or hidden I can't remember right now. Thanks for pointing my mistake out.
    drdoo2 / Pat

10. The Following User Says Thank You to drdoo2 For This Useful Post:

BruceR (2015-11-08)