Lounger
    Thanks

Herd Protect not updated for Windows 10

About a year or so ago, one of the newsletter writers suggested using Herd Protect as one of the periodic virus scanners for an all around well protected machine. I had been doing this but since moving to Win10 it has become a pain because it appears that they aren't keeping the product up. Just about every time I run it, it identifies pieces and parts of the OS as being potential viruses. If you have any connections with those people, you might ask them to get the product updated. Thank you.

Thanks
    Not keeping a product updated is not a very good sign of a reputable software maker,
    especially since Windows 10 has been well tested and out for a near an eternity in computer time.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Lounger
    Thanks
    It is a pain in the neck. It reports half a dozen or so modules which are obviously part of the OS as potential viruses and if you want to help them by reported them as false positives, the process is onerous so I just take the easy way out and mark them ignore so it doesn't try and uninstall them. But having to mark them ignore is in itself a process so doing it half dozen times every week, which is my Herd Protect scan schedule, is becoming a PIA.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Couple of clarifications:
    1. It was one of the contributors to the Windows Secrets newsletter that recommended the product.
    2. I run it weekly, and every week it finds about half a dozen suspicious modules, which I then mark ignore.
    3. The following week it finds a half a dozen more, different than the week before.

Thanks
    You must be a glutton for self punishment. Banish it.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

jwoods
    You might want to review these results, and select a more reliable and effective product...

AV-Comparatives

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

AV-TEST

https://www.av-test.org/en/compare-m...st[type]=3

Virus Bulletin

https://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/index
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-11-08 at 19:19.