2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

W-10 Mail annoyances

I'm working with Windows 10 on a spare laptop. I have a list of things I'd like to be able to tweak, but I know some of them simply can't be done. So far, my biggest annoyance is the "Mail" app. After about 17 years of using Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Live Mail, I'd like my messages to appear UNDER the inbox list, not side by side. I see all kinds of options that are unimportant and useless to me.
    One more annoyance; can anybody tell me how to empty the email trash folder all at once? I've only found the one-at-a-time method or waiting - what is it, 60 days?- for automatic deletion.
    W-10 certainly isn't as annoying as W-8, but eliminating useful options you want really gets me fuming.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rje49 View Post
    After about 17 years of using Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Live Mail, I'd like my messages to appear UNDER the inbox list, not side by side. I see all kinds of options that are unimportant and useless to me.
    I still use Windows Live Mail with Win 10 and it has worked as it did with 7 and 8, with no issues at all.
    The mail app with W-10 is primitive.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:

rje49 (2015-11-07)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That's why I just have W-10 on a spare machine; just to play with. I never thought of using WLM... maybe I'll try it. Thanks.

jwoods
    Or you could go "cloud email" and try Outlook.com

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Actually, I do have an Outlook.com account. And a Gmail account. But they are both secondarys to my main Comcast mail account. Windows Live Mail handles them fine. Win. 10's "Mail" doesn't.
    I'm playing around with Windows 10 for 2 reasons. First, to be familiar with it for when I inevitably have to help family, friends, and a small company I help. Second, because my next "Main Machine" will probably be W-10. I want to know what I'm up against.

Thanks
    Trev is right: primitive. Try doing anything with Contacts, importing or exporting. And what is this "favorites" of contacts that doesn't get added to any accessible database in the Mail app. And that's what they are calling it? "The Mail App"??