3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Recent Windows 10 Update & Security updates seemingly "stuck"

For a month or more now, I have had three Windows 10 updates stuck in the queue uninstalled. I know they say they will get installed eventually, but one is a Cumulative Update for Windows 10, and the other two are four two network printers I have and after all of this time they are getting to be quite a matter of concern. Is there any way of making them install (I've tried to install them multiple times) or deleting them from the queue, or should the finally get resolved SOMETIME in the future? Suggestions, please?
    Attached Files Attached Files

David E. Cann

jwoods
    I would turn off hardware driver updates from Microsoft, and get them directly from the vendor.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/s...tes-windows-10

When those are removed, try the cumulative update again.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    jwoods, please forgive me, but can you provide VERY SPECIFIC instructions on which settings to change and EXACTLY what to change them to please? I am a rookie at this sort of stuff, and am afraid to change things like system settings for fear of causing a problem. Please understand, and walk me through this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoods View Post
    I would turn off hardware driver updates from Microsoft, and get them directly from the vendor.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/s...tes-windows-10

When those are removed, try the cumulative update again.

David E. Cann

jwoods
    The link provided will give you step-by-step instructions on how to turn off hardware driver updates.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    But it doesn't, that is why I asked for some clarification, or easier directions for a non-technical person to understand. I thank you for trying, but maybe I can find someone else to help me.
    The link provided will give you step-by-step instructions on how to turn off hardware driver updates.

David E. Cann

jwoods
    Actually, they do tell you exactly what to do...go slowly and read carefully.

The steps, minus the screenshots...

Tap/Click the Start Button and search for system. Tap/Click the Control Panel result - it should be the top one.

When System Properties opens up click/tap on Advanced system settings.

Click/Tap on the Hardware tab (#1) and then click/tap Device Installation Settings

Click/Tap on No, let me choose what to do to expand your other options.

Once you click on No, let me choose what to do (#1) there are three other options to set. Option #2 continues to download and install the best driver software from Windows Update. Option #3 prevents the automatic install of driver software from Windows Update and option #4 toggles the ability for Windows Update to download hardware related apps and other info from Windows Update.

You might consider calling your friend who is the nework manager and have him sit next to you and walk you through it.
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-11-08 at 20:36.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    jwoods, I DO read pretty well, bit thank you for reading it. It is the choices to make at each setting along the way and what each one does that I cannot intelligently interpret, but thank you anyway for your replies.
    Actually, they do tell you exactly what to do...go slowly and read carefully.

The steps, minus the screenshots...

Tap/Click the Start Button and search for system. Tap/Click the Control Panel result - it should be the top one.

When System Properties opens up click/tap on Advanced system settings.

Click/Tap on the Hardware tab (#1) and then click/tap Device Installation Settings

Click/Tap on No, let me choose what to do to expand your other options.

Once you click on No, let me choose what to do (#1) there are three other options to set. Option #2 continues to download and install the best driver software from Windows Update. Option #3 prevents the automatic install of driver software from Windows Update and option #4 toggles the ability for Windows Update to download hardware related apps and other info from Windows Update.

You might consider calling your friend who is the nework manager and have him sit next to you and walk you through it.

David E. Cann