New Lounger

A problem has been detected...

I just had my laptop reformatted. Few days later, my cursor kept on jumping around so I updated my drivers. Few days after that, I receive a message whenever I turn on my laptop and it says that my hard drive is failing or something like that. Then today I got a blue screen while I'm in the middle of using my laptop and it says that a problem has been detected..
    STOP: 0X0000007F (0X00000008, 0X807C8750, 0X00000000..
    Please tell me what to do. Should I go back to the repair shop? Is my laptop dying?

There was a thread here about this STOP code in 2013...

Cardiff, UK
    Welcome to the Lounge!
    Stop Error 0x0000007F:
    Usual causes: Memory corruption, Hardware (memory in particular), Overclocking failure, Installing a faulty or mismatched hardware (especially memory) or a failure after installing it, 3rd party firewall, Device drivers, SCSI/network/BIOS updates needed, Improperly seated cards, Incompatible storage devices, Overclocking, Virus scanner, Backup tool, Bad motherboard, Missing Service Pack
    Where the first parameter is 0x00000008:
    0x00000008, or Double Fault, indicates that an exception occurs during a call to the handler for a prior exception. Typically, the two exceptions are handled serially. However, there are several exceptions that cannot be handled serially, and in this situation the processor signals a double fault. There are two common causes of a double fault:

A kernel stack overflow. This overflow occurs when a guard page is hit, and the kernel tries to push a trap frame. Because there is no stack left, a stack overflow results, causing the double fault. If you think this overview has occurred, use !thread to determine the stack limits, and then use kb (Display Stack Backtrace) with a large parameter (for example, kb 100) to display the full stack.

A hardware problem.
    If it said the hard drive is failing, get all your vital data saved to an external drive before running any checks/tests - immediately is best

Once you have your data stored safely away from the notebook, carefully read and follow the data collection procedure here, once you have the required zipped folder, please attach it to a reply and we'll dig deeper.