Thanks

W-10 Default Data FOLDERS and Property Sheets ...

c:\users\MyW-10-UserFolder\

In MyW-10-UserFolder at c:\users\MyW-10-UserFolder\, some of the standard W10 data folders such as {Contacts;Documents;Music;Downloads;Saved Games;Favorites; etc) regardless of the folder icon, do *not have an editable "location" tab in the property sheet.

Those folders in "MyW-10-UserFolder" created by Windows during the installation process have complete property sheets; the folders created or re-created by me for use in the "MyW-10-UserFolder" do not.
    How do I go about fixing those data folders that do not have a "location" tab in the folder's property sheet???

thank you
    "... don't think it won't happen just because it hasn't happened yet..."

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    If you create a folder Windows assumes you put it where you want it. If you want a folder you created moved cut & paste or drag and drop to folder where you want it.

I may be unclear about what you are asking as in the first paragraph you state that standard Windows folders don't have a Location tab but in the second paragraph you say they do.

Joe

Thanks

Response to JoeP517

My post is not well written...

What i meant to say is that 'some' sub-folders in my C:\Users\Username folder *don't have a property sheet that contains an editable "Location" tab; some folders *do have a property sheet that contains an editable "Location" tab.
    The default sub-folders in my Username folder created during the W-10 install process *do have property sheets with the Location Tab.

Some how I lost the default folder "Desktop" from my Username folder and could not create a replacement folder for it with an editable 'Location" tab.
    (since I keep many files on my Desktop day-to-day, I want my default Desktop Folder 'located' on a separate non-OS disk.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    If you create a folder Windows assumes you put it where you want it. If you want a folder you created moved cut & paste or drag and drop to folder where you want it.

I may be unclear about what you are asking as in the first paragraph you state that standard Windows folders don't have a Location tab but in the second paragraph you say they do.

Joe
    "... don't think it won't happen just because it hasn't happened yet..."

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    See How do I restore the default Windows 7 “Desktop” folder?. This should work for Win10 too.

Joe