Star Lounger
    Thanks

PowerPoint 2010 crashing in Slide Master view

I'm running PowerPoint 2010 in Windows 7. Today, when I open a file I've been working on and go to Slide Master view, the program crashes with the message "Microsoft PowerPoint has stopped working." I tried a different file, and I opened Slide Master View okay, but when I tried to close the file the program crashed with the "stopped working" message. I went to Programs and Features and ran a repair of Office 2010, but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas what might be going on? My computer installed a bunch of MS updates overnight. Maybe one of them caused this problem?

This may be unrelated, but my Outlook 2010 has been behaving badly for a couple days also.

-Stuart

Thanks
    Outlook has been hit by KB3097877, I've also seen 2/3 claims that it has also affected Powerpoint and one that claims OneNote also. Uninstalling it has fixed most reported Office issues.

It is a Critical update, for good reason - ensure you have the latest version of Flash (and any other browser plugins) installed, that should lower your risk until MS get a fixed patch published, hopefully within a day or two.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

Mr Humbug (2015-11-12),slrosen (2015-11-11)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info on KB3097877. That helps.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Just to confirm this, I've found exactly the same symptoms with PowerPoint 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit on our PCs this morning. Removing KB3097877 has fixed the problem.

Not seen any problems with Outlook, but the update only went on yesterday.