New Lounger
    Thanks

Strange Behavior on Epson WF-3540 After Win 10 upgrade

I'm at my wits end and hope someone here can provide some insight.

I upgraded my (Sony Vaio) laptop to Win 10 and everything went smoothly EXCEPT my Epson WF-3540. I even uninstalled the existing WF-3540 drivers and installed the new 64bit Win 10 drivers from the Epson site and it still doesn't work. Oddly enough, another laptop (HP), upgraded to Win10 with no problems and it can print fine using the
    existing Win 7 64bit drivers that was used when it was on Win 7!

What happens is that the printer shows up (wifi) no problem. A test print when I installed the new drivers went to the printer fine, however when I try and print
    any documents (Word, txt, anything), it gets stuck in the print queue with no errors. It just doesn't ever print. Eventually I have have to just cancel the print jobs.

I tried twice, using the MS free upgrade from the tray as well as an upgrade using an USB thumbdrive and both times, the install went fine but the printer still
    can't print. I eventually just reverted back to Win 7 since the ability to print is pretty critical.

The only other alternative at this point would be is to do a complete, clean install and I REALLY want to try and avoid that if possible for all the obvious reasons and
    there's no guarantee that it will work anyway. Tried safe mode with networking and it still doesn't work.

Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, have you found a solution? I contacted Epson and they were of zero help (just told me to install the latest Win 10 drivers
    from their site which I already did).

Laptop: Sony Vaio 8GB RAM i7, Win 7 Home Edition X64

Regards,
    -aki

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    This post found a fix for a similar issue: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...=1#post1019731
    A different fix for a similar issue: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...ighlight=print

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Paul! I'll try the upgrade again and see if either of those two fixes solves my problem and update the post.

Thanks
    A couple of weeks ago I worked on a customer's PC that had upgraded itself from Win7 to Win10. One of the problems the customer was having was that print jobs were failing and the print queue ("See what's printing") could not be cleared. After clicking on "Cancel all Documents" there would still be one job left in the queue (even after restarting Windows).

A few times in the past I have seen this problem, and removing the printer from "Devices and printers" then re-installing it usually fixed it, but in several cases it didn't.

What did work was to delete the contents of the C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS folder. I use Total Commander (portable - I have it installed on my USB thumbdrive) for such tasks, but the same result could probably be had using File Explorer (would need to be "Run as Administrator").
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.