New Lounger
    Thanks

Ripping and burning DVD movies

How can I find a safe, free download which will enable me to reproduce DVD movies?
    I want to rip/burn my DVD movies for back-up purpose and to give some to my friends
    and relatives.

jwoods
    Read the Digital Millenium Copyright Act...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digita..._Copyright_Act

Specifically...

Motion pictures on DVDs that are lawfully made and acquired and that are protected by the Content Scrambling System when circumvention is accomplished solely in order to accomplish the incorporation of short portions of motion pictures into new works for the purpose of criticism or comment, and where the person engaging in circumvention believes and has reasonable grounds for believing that circumvention is necessary to fulfill the purpose of the use in the following instances:

Educational uses by college and university professors and by college and university film and media studies students;
    Documentary filmmaking;
    Obsolete software and video game formats.
    Noncommercial videos. (A new exemption in 2010, similar to a previous educational exemption.)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Forum rules stipulate no questions about bypassing commercial rights, so we can't really help other than to suggest a search on the web.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    There is some contention with the above issue, but if they're your own many people do it;
    http://www.doom9.org/
    That's all the help you're gonna get here assuming you can read.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.