New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2013 hangs after update to win10

After a mildly frustrating update from Win7 to Win10, the following nasty problem appeared in Word 2013. Opening some documents result in completely hanging Word (no error message). Also the document is blocked by Word. I can open the document on two other computers, both with Win10 & Word 2013. After saving the documents on those computers I can open them on my own computer again.

Yes, I have uninstalled Office and installed again. At a certain point I was unable to continue installing and also was unable to delete (remains of) Office. The installer complained about a firewall-problem, but I was unable to solve it. In the end I used Revo Uninstaller and finally was able to install Office again. However, the same problem returned. Most documents open OK, some are somehow corrupted?

Any help appreciated!

Han

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Update. To make things more challenging: double-clicking in Explorer works just fine, Word simply opens the blocked document (after asking permission to do so). There must be something wrong, but I'm not closer to a real solution.

Han