New Lounger
    Thanks

Microphone Not Working

Please excuse any error(s) as this is my first time posting. I have an HP AIO Touchsmart 300-1017 computer. I was running Windows 7 pro and updated to Windows 10 using the auto update. Everything worked fine after the update including the built in and/or external microphone. The PC was running slow and just not up to par, it was also not quite running right on Windows 7. I decided to do a clean install of windows 10 and everything is working great Except the microphone. Neither the built in or external port is now working after the clean install. When I click on Cortana it say's I can't hear anything. I seem to be missing what was called the "Microphone Array (Soundmax Intergrated Digital HD Audio) driver" I was able to download this driver from HP's site but it won't install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There is a Audio driver that was automatically installed with windows 10 but apparently it's not the correct one.

Thank You

Johnskis

Thanks
    Right-click on your audio in the notification area, choose recording devices, and disable all except your microphone. Go to properties on your microphone in that same area, and make sure your levels are turned up. Sign out, then back in.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't have a choice of Microphone there. What's listed there is "Line In High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In." I have a built in Mic and even when I plug in an external Mic, It still don't work.

jwoods
    The microphone is controlled by your sound card.

Check the vendor's website for device driver updates.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what sound card is in this computer. It's an HP All In One Model Touchsmart 300-1017. I tried loading the HP original driver from the web site but it won't take.

jwoods
    Look in Device Manager.

Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

Johnskis (2015-11-19)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Under Audio Inputs and Outputs
    Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
    Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

Under Sound, Video and Game Controllers
    AverMedia A323 MiniCard Hybrid ATSC
    High Definition Audio Device

It looks like the driver(s) are Microsoft generic audio driver(s) The original drivers were SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD audio.

Thanks for your help in this matter

I tried installing the Soundmax drivers using compatibility mode with windows 7, windows 8 and they still won't load.