Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10.0.10586.0

Thanks

The upgrade just finished, took about an hour and a half. From an elevated Command Prompt slmgr /dlv gives me the Windows version shown in the title of the OP. I elected the Slow Ring (in Windows Update Advanced options) after the upgrade to 10240.

I lost Magic ISO Maker in the process (doesn't work with this version of Windows) and the Microsoft Security Client was removed for the same reason. I thought that it had been removed since the first upgrade from Windows 7 Professional.

Other than those two notifications, everything else appears to be normal. StartIsBack++ is broken, but they should get an upgraded version out soon.

>>> edit <<< StartIsBack is working, after all. Just needed another reboot to get it kicked in.

>>> edit #2 <<< Just checked my NAS, and it is currently downloading the new upgrade. We'll see how that one goes; I have minimal software installed on that PC, since its primary purpose is as NAS and file server.
    Last edited by bbearren; 2015-11-14 at 08:19. Reason: clarity
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

jwoods

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoods View Post
    I had Win10 Home 10586.3 on one computer and Win10 Pro 10586.0 on another.

Running Update manually on the Pro got me 2 updates, KB3105211 and KB3103688, after which I had 10586.3 installed.

jwoods
    Key phrase in Thurrott's piece about the upgrade...

I don’t know why people are so sure of things they aren’t involved with first hand.

Thanks
    The new build is 10586.3
    My Slow Ring Windows 10 Professional Upgrade downloaded and installed this evening by Windows Update is 10.0.10586.0, as in the title, and the following graphic.

Windows 10 Upgrade.PNG

Not really interested in Paul's upgrade; talking about my upgrade, and the build number is actually just what I said it is. Paul's may be different, but that's not a concern to me.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    My Slow Ring Windows 10 Professional Upgrade downloaded and installed this evening by Windows Update is 10.0.10586.0, as in the title, and the following graphic.

Windows 10 Upgrade.PNG

Not really interested in Paul's upgrade; talking about my upgrade, and the build number is actually just what I said it is. Paul's may be different, but that's not a concern to me.
    Take a look at Woody's article...

http://www.infoworld.com/article/300...ld-105863.html

We'll assume you don't care about Woody's build...it's just further confirmation.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ended up having to use the Media creation tool to upgrade. I waited long enough to go the normal way. Took about the same amount of time as your update did. Having played enough with it to see much different other then the color themes (may or may not like the look; we shall see).

Thanks
    We'll assume you don't care about Woody's build...it's just further confirmation.
    I'll assume that you didn't read the third sentence of the OP:
    I elected the Slow Ring (in Windows Update Advanced options) after the upgrade to 10240.
    I'm not an Insider any longer, since the upgrade to 10240. I haven't had a new build since 10240. I'm unconcerned about which Insider build an Insider needs to be on, because I'm not an Insider.

The OP is about the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade released to the Slow Ring and which Windows Update installed on my PC this evening. It has nothing to do with Insider builds, and I've made no reference to anything about Insider builds.
    Last edited by bbearren; 2015-11-14 at 09:20. Reason: consistancy

Unleash Windows

jwoods
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-11-14 at 00:59.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm not an Insider any longer, since the upgrade to 10240. I haven't had a new build since 10240. I'm unconcerned about which Insider build an Insider needs to be on, because I'm not an Insider.

The OP is about the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade released to the Slow Ring and which Windows Update installed on my PC this evening. It has nothing to do with Insider builds, and I've made no reference to anything about Insider builds.
    If you're not an Insider, you're not on the Slow Ring. Only Insider Preview has rings.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    If you're not an Insider, you're not on the Slow Ring. Only Insider Preview has rings.
    Allow me to clarify. I was an Insider. After the upgrade to 10240, I selected the Slow Ring in Windows Update Advanced options.

Windows took care of the rest; there is no longer an option for me to select a "Ring" in Windows Update. I have not logged back into my Insider Profile since the upgrade to 10240, nor have I been offered any more IP builds. To Microsoft, I'm just part of the general public.

... which was the main point of the OP.

Unleash Windows

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Allow me to clarify. I was an Insider. After the upgrade to 10240, I selected the Slow Ring in Windows Update Advanced options.
    You can't select a ring without being an insider, and never have been able to do so.

You stopped getting insider builds, so you weren't on any ring.

The slow ring got build 10565 on October 16.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    bear, hello.

I remember the cmd as admin of winver ! How do you get that screen of yours ? Refresh my neurones, svp. Jean.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    You can't select a ring without being an insider, and never have been able to do so.

You stopped getting insider builds, so you weren't on any ring.

The slow ring got build 10565 on October 16.
    I have not logged back into my Insider Profile since the upgrade to 10240, nor have I been offered any more IP builds. To Microsoft, I'm just part of the general public.
    Does that help? I was, I selected the Slow Ring when I was still an Insider, but now I'm not, because I chose not to update my Insider Profile. MS dropped me from the Insider Program, which was my intent at that time. I wanted to get off the beta merry-go-round.

The point of the OP was that the November Upgrade has been released to the general public, of which I am a member, not an Insider.
    Last edited by bbearren; 2015-11-14 at 10:22.

Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    bear, hello.

I remember the cmd as admin of winver ! How do you get that screen of yours ? Refresh my neurones, svp. Jean.
    Jean, it is the Software Licensing Management Tool. Open a Command Prompt (it doesn't necessarily have to be elevated for this switch) and type (without the quotes) "slmgr /dlv". That will give you a verbose description of your Windows license.

Unleash Windows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast