New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 10 update Cortana and Microsoft acct

I just did the Nov Win 10 update. Previously I had not activated Cortana because I just didn't want to use my Microsoft account to use it. But now I'd read that the update to win10 meant that you could now use Cortana without an MS account.
    So I went to set it up and sure enough it's asking me to log into my MS account. Not sure if this is a one time thing or if I need to sign in every time or whatever. Can't find an answer anywhere.
    Has anyone enabled Cortana under the Win10 update?
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    So I'm replying to myself here in case anyone else is looking for this info.

Fearing the worst, I went ahead and set up Cortana (after Win10 Nov update) and it proceeded pretty much the way I wanted.

During the setup it asks if you want to sign in to your device using your Microsoft account. Which means logging into your computer using your MS password, which I don't want to do.
    There's another box down on the bottom of the screen which gives you the option of signing into just Cortana (or other apps) with your MS password. In other words, you can sign into
    your computer with your old password (or no password) but to use Cortana or other apps you have to sign in to MS.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I don't know exactly how, but it should be possible:

First, you can now use Cortana with local accounts as well as with a Microsoft account, a big user request.
    Here’s What’s New in the Windows 10 Fall Update